Cherry trees are in bloom all over New York City. If you know where to look, that is. How are our resolutions blooming right about now?
Hello again! This might seem a very odd time to bring up the topic of New Year’s Resolutions. You might be thinking, “Woman, that’s soooo January!”
Well, take a peek inside my crazy mind. I think this is the perfect time to take stock of old resolutions, and perhaps make new ones.
Well, for me, Persian New Year (Nowruz) just passed. And while I haven’t always celebrated it, I do appreciate the fact that it’s a beautiful holiday that’s all about a fresh start. Nowruz is bursting with symbolism about starting over, getting rid of bad vibes, and having a sweet life. Love that stuff. Easter, too, is all about rebirth. And speaking of birth, my birthday, April 4, just passed. An auspicious time for sure!
One of my new year's resolutions was to get this little guy leash trained. Progress on that? Nil.
Having a birthday in early spring always gets my thinking about ways to have a good “new year” of my own. And I know I’m not the only one who thinks of their birthday as the start of their personal new year. So see, in Bria’s World, talking about new year’s resolutions now makes perfect sense.
I’d love to hear where you are at with any resolutions that you’ve made or are making now as we start this new season.
So how am I doing? Here’s some of my progress:
1. Get onto Twitter, and actually use it: Progress: Good. I have 3 Twitter accounts. Well really, my personal one is @BriasWorld
I also set up one for my Yoga group: @Yoga4Soul
And my cat, Bise, has his own, which he updates in a very catlike fashion. That’s to say whenever he feels like it: @BisetheCat Meow!
I’m on Twitter as @BriasWorld pretty much daily, and have met some really cool people from there, so I’d say that resolution is going well.
2. Get Pilates certified and take at least one Pilates class per week: My certification class is happening in June (note to self–actually sign up for it!), and I have probably averaged more like one Pilates class every other week. So not as many as I’d hoped, but I’m going today, so this resolution is definitely still in play.
3. Shoot some cooking videos and get them up onto this blog: This is happening, slowly but surely. The people who are helping me with this are slammed with jobs and busy lives of their own, but we’re making progress. See some of the video here and here. Progress so far: Fair.
4. Leash train the cat and walk him in the nearby park: Uh, I bought the leash and harness, does that count? LOL! Now that the weather’s improved, I just might try my luck. But don’t be surprised if he scratches me. His comfort zone is narrow, so we’ll have to take this endeavor very slloooowwwww.
5. Plan and pull off a Yoga retreat: The planning is happening. Yes, we’ve booked the space, and are taking reservations for a retreat in Upstate New York, May 7-9. Slots are filling up, which is excellent. As for pulling it off, check back with me May 10th! 😉 Website for the retreat: www.Yoga4SoulRetreats.Wordpress.com
What about new resolutions? I have some specific small goals, like things that need to happen around my place (boring but important stuff like closet cleanings, furniture re-arrangings, and other assorted to-dos). Now that my crockpot and I are good friends, I need to learn to use the pressure cooker my mom got me. I need to be better about sharpening my knives. See, exciting stuff, right? 😉 Well, it actually is exciting to me. Part-time domestic goddess that I am 😉
I’d like to travel more, and some of that might come to fruition in the coming months if I play my cards right now and in the near future. We shall see. I probably need to get more specific about the travel stuff to really make it happen.
I’m also trying to get better at taking photos, especially food photos for this blog.
There are bigger career goals and dreams that I’m working on and have made some important progress with, but I only share those with those who I’m very close to.
Not that I don’t feel close to you guys, but this is da Interwebs, after all, and you never know who is reading. Or not reading, for that matter 😉 Ha ha!
So that’s a rundown of what’s on my mind as far as resolutions go. Share yours, and I promise that my next post will be a recipe. . .maybe even one inspired by the amazing Afghani wedding I went to this past weekend.
Read Full Post »