I just got back Sunday night from my Upstate New York Fall Harvest Yoga Retreat.
It was a lovely weekend, full of Yoga, amazing food, and time outdoors, breathing in the fresh air and taking in the beautiful sights, like colorful fall foliage and deer snacking on grass just outside of our retreat house.
It was also wonderful to spend time with such an amazing group of people.
The retreat inspired this smoothie. Throughout the weekend, my chef/friend/student Maria prepared foods with the best flavors of fall: apples, pumpkins, fall spices, apple cider, and more.
So I threw that idea (along with some random, but seasonally-appropriate ingredients) into the Vita-Mix for a green smoothie that tastes has a very strong overtone of pumpkin pie flavor. It’s quite delicious.
Flavors of Fall Pumpkin Pie Green Smoothie
Yield: About 8 cups. Recipe can easily be halved.
- 1 16 ounce frozen spinach, thawed or broken into chunks that your blender can handle
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk of choice (I used coconut and almond milks)
- 1 cup apple cider or apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning (yes, I like a lot of this ingredient)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sweetener of choice (I used stevia)
1. Add all ingredients into blender, and blend. Add more liquid as needed.
2. Taste for sweetness, and adjust as needed.