You won’t believe for one second that my Creamy Pistachio Almond Milkshake is healthy. No way. In fact, anyone who drinks it will swear it’s decadence in a glass. It’s a great way to get the good fats and other awesome nutrients from avocados, coconut milk, and pistachios into your body. Remember, don’t fear the good fats!
This is one of those recipes that came together in no time, with ingredients I had on hand, including an avocado that needed to be used up pronto. The avo gave it a beautiful pale green color, almost minty.
Creamy Pistachio Avocado Milkshake (Vegan)
For one milkshake, 16-20 ounces, or two smaller shakes, combine the following in a blender:
- 1/2 avocado, ripe, flesh removed and seed discarded
- 1 banana (can use 1 frozen banana)
- 1/4 cup pistachios, shelled (unsalted is best, but salted is fine)
- 1 cup coconut milk (I used So Delicious Plain. Canned works, too.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange blossom or rose water (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon French Vanilla So Delicious Coconut Creamer (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend all ingredients together until well incorporated, smooth, creamy, and thick. Use additional milk if you desire to thin the milkshake. Pour, serve, and enjoy.